Thursday, March 21, 2013

An hour for the Earth

This coming Saturday (23 March 2013)  at 20:30 we are asked to spare an hour for our planet.

"Earth Hour is the single, largest, symbolic mass participation event in the world. Born out of a hope that we could mobilize people to take action on climate change, Earth Hour now inspires a global community of millions of people in 7,001 cities and towns across 152 countries and territories to switch lights off for an hour as a massive show of concern for the environment."
As an amateur astronomer, I will probably take my telescope out during this hour, so I'm really hoping my neighbours play along...

The pic above I took last weekend at Montagu.



It's time to give a damn, or at least an hour.


Comment using Facebook:
Or use Blogger comment area: